Places to stay:
– Discovery Lodge
With the most incredible view of the central plateau’s mountains you’ll find every accomodation option here from motel rooms to camping. The camping huts are a particularly neat option for a cheap night within four walls.
Things to do:
– Tongariro Crossing alpine day walk
One of the top 10 day walks in the entire world – not to be missed!! Need transport? Backyard Tours is one of my favourite transport providers for getting to and from the crossing.
– Chairlift Ride to Knoll Ridge Cafe
Best view in the country. Period. P.S. Coffee is good too ❤
– High Tea at the Grand Chateau
For when you feel like feeling a little bit fancy … and … having a great view out the window!
– Rail Tour with Forgotton World Adventures
Probably the coolest thing ever!! Golf carts transformed into rail buggys and an epic adventure into a forgotten world. Doesn’t get much cooler than this!
– Hire Mountain Bikes with Mountain Bike Station